Makar Sankranti 2020 Date: This time on Makar Sankranti 14 or 15 January, know here.
Makar Sankranti 2020 Date: Most importantly, this time on Makar Sankranti 14 or 15 January, know here
(Makar Sankranti 2020) The other name of Makar Sankranti is Khichdi. Sankranti means the entry of Sun from one zodiac sign to another. On the day of Makar Sankranti, Sun enters Capricorn from Sagittarius. Therefore, bathing, donating and worshiping Lord Suryadev on this day has special significance.
Uttarayan is the main festival of Hindu religion.
(Makar Sankranti 2020 Date) According to astrology, on the day of Makar Sankranti, the Sun enters Capricorn from Sagittarius. Sankranti talks about the entry of Sun from one zodiac sign. Sometimes Uttarayan too refers to the Makar Sankranti. On the day of Makar Sankranti, bathing in the Ganges, fasting, story, charity and worshiping Lord Suryadev is of special importance. This is also called as Pongal festival in south india.
When is Makar Sankranti? (Makar Sankranti Kab Hai).
According to astrological calculations, this time the Sun will enter Capricorn on January 14 at 02:07. Most importantly, we have to celebrate Sankranti on 15 January. The Makar Sankranti begins with the fire element and the Kark Sankranti with the water element. At this time, Sun is Uttarayan. The fruits of chanting and charity are infinite times.
The concept of Makar Sankranti is almost as same through out india by hindhus. But celebrated in different ways and names across the country, there is also diversity in food and drink. We use sesame everywhere in some form or the other through out the country. Sesame is also very beneficial for health.
A huge number of saints and saints can be seen at Magh fair on Makar Sankranti. People also fulfill the tradition of donating during this time with great reverence.
How to celebrate Makar Sankranti?
- Take a bath in the early morning and offer arghya to the sun.
- Read a chapter of Srimad Bhagavad or read the Gita.
- Donate new grains, blankets and ghee.
- Make new food khichdi in food.
- Dedicate food to God and take it as Prasad.
What to do to benefit from the sun?
- Arghya to Sun by putting red flowers and Akshat.
- Chant Surya Beej Mantra.
- The mantra will be – “Om Hr Hr Hr Ss: Surya Namah”.
- Donate red clothes, copper utensils and wheat.
- Do not consume food in the evening.
How to use Mole on Makar Sankranti?
- Offer water to the Sun god by adding sesame seeds.
- Fill mole in steel or iron vessel in front of you
- Then chant the mantra “Om Shanshancharaya Namah”
- Donate sesame seeds with utensils to a poor person
- This will give relief from all the pain associated with Saturn.